Stay COVID safe
For the latest information please visit: nsw.gov.au
View the BCRITAB Newsletters here
View the latest SafeWork NSW edition here:
NSW Training Awards
For key dates and events visit: https://education.nsw.gov.au/skills-nsw/nsw-training-awards/events
Projects relating to the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package (CPC)
Artibus, is the skills Service Organisation who supports the Construction Industry Reference Committee (IRC) to ensure qualifications and competency standards are aligned with industry needs. Current and future projects include:
- Silica Safety – development of occupational standards to meet particular risks associated with respirable crystalline silica (RCS). View the units here.
- Formwork/Falsework – the previous Formwork/Falsework qualification was absorbed into the Certificate III in Carpentry.
ASQA has approved to extend the transition period of CPC31511-Certificate III in Formwork/Falsework until 31 December 2023, whilst he training needs of this sector are being reviewed.
- Hydrogen – a case for change has been presented to incorporate new hydrogen-based units of competency into appropriate CPC Plumbing and Gas qualifications. Find out more about this project here.
- Prefabricated concrete installation – find out more here.
- Construction Waterproofing – review the units of competency here
- Outstanding units to be transitioned – review the draft units here. Validation is open until 17 June.
NSW Trade Pathways Program
This new Construction Industries Pilot is providing experienced and unqualified trades workers the opportunity to gain a trade qualification, either through fee-free gap training or via having their skills recognised through a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- If you are over 21 years old and have experience in the trade you want to trained or recognised in find out more about the program and your eligibility here
- If you are an RTO and would like to find out more download the factsheet
Sign up to our Newsletter
To receive the latest information from the BCRITAB please sign up to our newsletter.